Wednesday 17 April 2013

Culinary inspirations....

"How I would love to be transported into a scented Elizabethan garden with herbs and honeysuckles, a knot garden and roses clambering over a simple arbor."
- Rosemary Verey

My friend Jenny is  an inspiring gardner and cook. Her herb garden has a rich array of textures and scents.


 
Amazingly this herbal oasis was a bland piece of lawn 10 months ago!


Jen's garden 10 months ago
On my last visit Jenny filled my arms with bunches of herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme & sage.  The pungent bouquet had to be put to good use so the herbs were liberally added to the nacho bean mix I made that night  -  my daughter said it was the tastiest ever....the next day I made a pasta bake & threw in a generous sprinkling of herbs - presto extra taste ....the following night we made pizza and put in extra herbs ... so much more flavour!

After discovering the strong and vibrant flavours of fresh herbs - my next project will have to be a herb garden!




No comments:

Post a Comment