Thursday 1 November 2012

Road trip to Orange

During the school holidays we went to Orange to visit my sister.  I had been promising to visit her for quite some time. So my mother, daughter and I made our way westward over the Blue Mountains. We fortified ourselves with coffee, hot chocolate & cake at Wentworth Falls Village - I never miss an opportunity to enjoy the Blue Mountains!




We were warned that it would still be very cold in Orange... but were greeted with balmy spring weather (the cold snap and snow hit a week after our visit).

Orange surpassed my expectations! Its such vibrant & attractive town with the friendliest people!



We stayed in a 100 year old country cottage
 
  
Admired my sister's new property
 
 
 
 
 
On the way back to Sydney we stopped at the gorgeous historic town of Millthorpe.With a much needed coffee in hand strolled the streets admiring heritage buildings, charming houses and cottage gardens.
 
 
 

Can't wait to visit Orange again!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment